What About me?

Submit Your Snap!

Hello Buddy! good day, Wanna Like me to add your good snap On mY Blog? Just e-mail your snap at: exmples@gmail.com
Your Name:
Your country:
Your cell Phone: (optional)
Your email: (Optional)

So that others can contact you!

Saturday, March 14, 2009

MR Hazara


I saw this picture of Mr. Hazara on Flickr and it reminded me of bodybuilding.

Body-building used to be a big thing amongst young men of a certain age when I was growing up. At least in parts of central Punjab it was. It seemed to be specially big in small and medium-size towns and body-builders were like local celebrities.

At least they thought they were.

That is what I seemed to remember. In college, I remember a number of colleagues who were into bodybuilding ‘big time.’ As a sports reporter at The Muslim I remember many stories and pictures about bodybuilding and bodybuilders. Indeed, this was one sport where ‘local’ (city, district, etc.) tournaments were always a big thing, as were the provincial and national meets. Sometimes one even heard of Pakistani bodybuilders winning big in international competitions.

And traveling through Pakistan - especially small town Pakistan - one regularly found many posters and large billboards (like the one in the second photograph) celebrating bodybuilders and advertising gyms where you too could ‘craft’ and ’shape’ your muscles

No comments:

Post a Comment